$ pip install libtaxii
You might also want to consider using a virtualenv.
The libtaxii library is developed on Python 2.7 and tested against both Python 2.6 and 2.7. Besides the Python Standard Library, libtaxii relies on the following Python libraries:
- lxml - A Pythonic binding for the C libraries libxml2 and libxslt.
- python-dateutil - A library for parsing datetime information.
Each of these can be installed with
pip or by manually downloading packages
from PyPI. On Windows, you will probably have the most luck using pre-compiled
lxml. On Ubuntu (12.04 or 14.04), you should make sure the
following packages are installed before attempting to compile
In libtaxii 1.0.101 and earlier, the M2Crypto library was also required. This dependency was removed as of libtaxii 1.0.102.
Users have encountered errors with versions of libxml2 (a dependency of lxml) prior to version 2.9.1. The default version of libxml2 provided on Ubuntu 12.04 is currently 2.7.8. Users are encouraged to upgrade libxml2 manually if they have any issues. Ubuntu 14.04 provides libxml2 version 2.9.1.
If you are unable to use pip, you can also install libtaxii with setuptools. If you don’t already have setuptools installed, please install it before continuing.
- Download and install the dependencies above. Although setuptools will generally install dependencies automatically, installing the dependencies manually beforehand helps distinguish errors in dependency installation from errors in libtaxii installation. Make sure you check to ensure the versions you install are compatible with the version of libtaxii you plan to install.
- Download the desired version of libtaxii from PyPI or the GitHub releases page. The steps below assume you are using the 1.1.113 release.
- Extract the downloaded file. This will leave you with a directory named libtaxii-1.1.113.
$ tar -zxf libtaxii-1.1.113.tar.gz $ ls libtaxii-1.1.113 libtaxii-1.1.113.tar.gz
$ unzip libtaxii-1.1.113.zip $ ls libtaxii-1.1.113 libtaxii-1.1.113.zip
- Run the installation script.
$ cd libtaxii-1.1.113 $ python setup.py install
- Test the installation.
$ python Python 2.7.6 (default, Mar 22 2014, 22:59:56) [GCC 4.8.2] on linux2 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> import libtaxii >>>
If you don’t see an
ImportError, the installation was successful.